The Global Cement and Concrete Association (GCCA) announced that it has added four cement companies to its growing global membership base, which now totals 36 member companies. The new members are Corporacion Moctezuma S.A.B. de C.V. of Mexico; Unión Andina de Cementos S.A.A (UNACEM) of Peru; JSW Cement of India; and West China Cement of China.
“The continuing and rapid growth of the association’s membership is very encouraging,” said Benjamin Sporton, chief executive officer of GCCA. “With a strong work program now underway it’s important that our authoritative voice represents the growing list of cement and concrete manufacturers committed to our principles of enhancing industry sustainability efforts and driving innovation.”
The new members represent a further step for the GCCA in its ambition to represent at least 50% of global cement production capacity. Six new cement and concrete associations from were also confirmed as new affiliates of the GCCA, bringing the total number to 15 organizations.
The new affiliates are:
- Spanish Cement Association (Oficemen).
- Cement Manufacturers Association of India.
- Japan Cement Association.
- National Ready Mixed Concrete Association – United States.
- European Concrete Platform.
- Federacion Iboamericana del Hormigon Premezclado (FIHP) – Latin America and the Iberian Peninsula.