The Portland Cement Association (PCA) announced the winners of the 2021 Energy and Environment (E&E) Awards, recognizing outstanding environmental and community relations efforts completed in 2020 that go above and beyond what is required.
“America’s cement manufacturers continue to focus on researching and developing new and innovative ways to reduce environmental footprint,” said PCA President and CEO Michael Ireland. “These accomplishments and industry commitment to carbon neutrality across the entire value chain demonstrate PCA members dedication to energy efficiency and a more sustainable future.”
The following plants, by category, were named 2021 E&E Award winners:
- Energy Efficiency: CalPortland, Mojave, Calif.
- Environmental Performance: Roanoke Cement Co./Titan America, Troutville, Va.
- Land Stewardship: Argos USA, Calera, Ala.
- Outreach: CEMEX USA, Victorville, Calif.
- Overall Environmental Excellence: Titan America, Medley, Fla.