The World Cement Association (WCA) has announced the first lineup of speakers for its fifth annual conference and exhibition, which will take place from Sept. 25-28, 2022, in person at the Emirates Towers, Dubai, UAE.
The conference will focus on practical steps that can be taken today to reduce both the carbon footprint and the costs, based on the regional roadmap developed by WCA’s partner for the conference, A³&Co.
The speakers will cover many pressing issues faced by the cement industry including: the industry response to climate change, impact of high energy costs, energy efficiency, alternative fuels, new technologies, financing, and managing human capital.
Mahendra Singhi, the managing director and CEO of Dalmia Cement (Bharat) Ltd., will deliver one of the keynote addresses at the conference on the topic of “Grey to green – Reducing carbon for integrated value creation.” Singhi is a director of WCA and has been actively promoting both the need for climate action by the cement industry and the business opportunities this can bring. Under his leadership, Dalmia Cement has become the cement company with the lowest global CO2 emissions per ton.
Other speakers and panelists include:
- Roland van Wijnen, CEO of PPC Ltd, will be give his views on “Rethinking cement in a changing world: Decarbonization as an opportunity.”
- Suhair Abu Salem, human capital and communication director at A³&Co, will be speaking at the workshop on “Reinventing cement talent for a net zero world.”
- Arnaud Pinatel, managing partner at On Field Investment Research, will be looking at the topic of the “Outlook for the cement sector worldwide.”
- Ehab Shalaby, PhD, CEO of DCarbon Egypt, will be a panelist discussing “Steps on the road to net zero: today’s actions.”
- Matthias Mersmann, CTO and member of the board at KHD Humboldt Wedag, will be speaking on the topic of “Bringing the future cement plant into reality.”
- Didier Bourbon, VP of sales Asia for Fives FCB, will talk about various technologies that are available today to reduce carbon and improve profitability.
A full list of speakers can be found here.
To register for the 2022 WCA Annual Conference, click here.