Cementos Argos, a Grupo Argos cement company, said the Science-Based Targets Initiative (SBTi) validated its goal to reduce direct and indirect CO2 emissions (scopes 1 and 2) by 2030.
The commitments that were validated cover all the regions where the company operates and involve initiatives such as:
- Increased co-processing of waste.
- Decrease in the amount of clinker in the cement.
- Optimization of the consumption of heat and electricity.
- Investment in cleaner technologies.
- Increase in the purchase of electricity from renewable sources.
- Greater offer of products with sustainability characteristics, including low-carbon products, which contribute to the circular economy and adaptation to climate change.
The company seeks to contribute to addressing the challenges derived from climate change through the implementation of initiatives to mitigate CO2 emissions, in addition, to strengthen efforts to offer products, solutions and services with characteristics of sustainability and low carbon.