Holcim US received 10 “Slag Cement in Sustainable Concrete Awards” from the Slag Cement Association (SCA) for its sustainable contributions to multiple projects.
“From its use in city roads and infrastructure, to Amazon’s HQ2 and the ONE 22 One Office Tower, Holcim NewCem slag cements provide our customers with a low-carbon high performing cement product that support sustainability goals,” said Patrick Cleary, SVP, cement sales at Holcim US. “These awards underscore that we all have a role to play in driving sustainable building for future generations.”
Holcim earned awards in five categories for outstanding work incorporating slag cement into unique projects, including:
- Boston University Center for Computing & Data Sciences.
Lower Carbon Concrete
- Red Barn Wind Farm in Montfort, Wis.
- 55H Street – Georgetown Graduate Student Hall, Washington, D.C.
- Ford Homes Historic District – Pavement Restoration, Dearborn, Mich.
- SOFIE Interior Alteration for PETtrace Cyclotron Bunker, Haverhill, Mass.
- Metropolitan Park Phase 7 and 8, Arlington, Va.
- Hunts Point Interstate Access Improvement Project, New York City.
- ONE 22 ONE Office Tower, Nashville, Tenn.
- LA 1 Port Allen bridge replacement, Port Allen, La.
- Argentine Main Pump Station, Kansas City, Kan.