Two industry heavyweights will be providing keynotes at next month’s International Cement Seminar & Exhibition in Atlanta: Pierre Villere of Allen-Villere Partners and Yuliya Kravtsov of Sapphire Americas.
ICSE, the premier event for the cement industry, will bring together industry leaders to discuss the latest trends and technologies in cement production.
Villere kicks off the two-day event on Nov. 14 at the Cobb Galleria Centre with “An Economics Update for the Construction Materials Industry.” He is the president and senior managing partner of Allen-Villere Partners, an investment banking firm with a national practice in the construction materials industry that specializes in mergers and acquisitions. Villere has a career spanning almost five decades, and volunteers his time to educate the industry as a regular columnist in publications and through presentations at numerous industry events.
On day two, Kravtsov, president of Sapphire Americas, will kick off the Carbon Management Track of ICSE. Sapphire Americas, a subsidiary of Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, is a North American provider of sustainable waste solutions that help any waste generator to achieve zero landfill goals. Kravtsov has more than 20 years of experience leading key growth initiatives within the building materials, financial services, consulting, and automotive industries, including roles at Fortera and LafargeHolcim.
The full conference schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, Nov. 14
- Pyro Process Optimization Using Modern Gas Analysis Systems and New Digital Services, Eng. Siegfied Andraess, SICK.
- Maximizing Bucket Elevator Efficiency with Heavy-Duty Belt Technology, Brian Giese, BEUMER Group.
- Case Studies from the U.S. and Canada of the Grinding Optimization Using AI And APC Modules, Matthias Hacker, KIMA Process Control.
- Reducing Fugitive Belt Conveyor Dust, Jerad Heitzler, Martin Engineering.
- Cleaning and Maintaining Silos, Dennis Blauser, Marietta Silos.
- Upstream Gas Conditioning for Carbon Capture Scrubbers With Wet Electrostatic Precipitation Technology, Steve Jaasund, LDX Solutions.
- Continuous, Fast and Reliable Process Gas Measurement in Rotary Kilns, Yeray Garcia, ENOTEC.
Wednesday, Nov. 15
- Unlocking the Next Frontier of Low-Carbon Cementitious Materials – Upcycling Carbon Emissions and Industrial Byproducts into Carbon-Enhanced SCMs, Ryan Bourns, Carbon Upcycling Technologies.
- The Present and Future of the EPD Ecosystem for Cement and Concrete, Mikaela DeRousseau, Building Transparency.
- Advanced Pozzolanic Cement- Key to Ultra Low Carbon Concrete Products, Danny Gray, Eco Material Technologies.
- Flash Activation of Clay: High Product Quality and Energy-Efficient Process, Steven Miller, FLSmidth.
- Paving the Way to Zero C02 Cement, Dr. Craig Hargis Keith Krugh, Fortera USA.
- Performance Enhancing Additives for Cement CO2 Reductions, Mike Stanzel, Saint-Gobain Construction Chemicals.
- Performance Benefits of C02 Capture Using Carbonated Cements in Manufactured Concrete Products and as an SCM in Ready-Mix Concrete, David Smith, Solidia Technologies.
The International Cement Seminar & Exhibition is sponsored by Cement Products and sister publications Rock Products and Concrete Products.
Registration and event information can be found here.